Planning a wedding can be stressful. There are so many details to figure out in addition to going about your daily routine that you might think engagement photos will only add to your stress. However, we think that everyone should actually have an engagement shoot with the photographer they plan to use at their wedding, and here’s why!
-Enjoy a fun day amidst your planning work
- Taking time out of your day to spend an hour or two with your fiancée and photographer in a enjoyable environment will have you forgetting everything except how much fun you’re having in the moment-Think of it as somewhat of a trial run
- This is a great day to try hair and makeup ideas. We’re not saying that you need to wear your hair and makeup exactly how you want it for your wedding day – in fact that might look a little out of place – but if you’re thinking of going for an up-do, style your hair in an up-do for your engagement photos so you can make sure you like the way it photographs. Additionally, if you are planning on doing dramatic makeup, or simple makeup, this can be a good chance to figure out the perfect balance to highlight your love for each other!
- It allows you to get to know your photographers…… and them to get to know you!
- It is helpful to build a relationship with your photographers so that on the day of your wedding, you are relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. By building a relationship with them via engagement photos, it allows them to understand a little bit more about who you are as a couple, so that they can make sure the shots they get represent you both in the best, most unique way possible!
- By having worked with them before your wedding, you will understand a little about how they work and what they’ll want you to do, so that on the day of your wedding you can just focus on being in love, and not worry about their end of things.
- And I have a blast hanging out with my clients!
- Thank you to Photography by Nicholas for a great day and super snow ball fight!